Group Exhibition Call Out - Zan, Zendegi, Azadi
We would like to invite you to respond to the titled group exhibition at Ladder Art Space. The theme is open to interpretation. The exhibition accepts all media, from painting, drawing, photography, ceramics, sculpture, and installations to written pieces, etc. Accepted artworks would be announced two days after the submission deadline.
Ladder Art Space and the curators’ team dedicate their resources to play a small part in helping to spread the voice of Iranian people who are demanding their freedoms.
Exhibition location: Gallery 2 and 3 at Ladder Art Space, 4/81 Denmark St, Kew VIC
Submissions Deadline: Wednesday, 2 November Midnight
Artwork drop-off: Sunday 6 November, afternoon (by appointment*) and Tuesday 8 November, 12-2 pm
Exhibition Opening Event: Friday 11 Nov 6:30-8:30 pm
Exhibition open to the public: 11-25 November during gallery hours
Artwork collection: Sat 26 November 2-5 pm and Sunday 27 November, afternoon (by appointment*)
You may send up to 5 pieces for consideration. These can be from a series of works or individual images/pieces.
Please include the following in a PDF sized no greater than 5MB, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full Name, Phone Number, Email Address
- Submission Imagery, Description of Medium Submitted, Size of Medium Submitted (if applicable)
- Project Info and Titles, Captions (if applicable)
- A Short Bio (up to 150 words)
- If submitting 3D works, please include install imagery in your submission as well as dimensions
Please note: It is the artist’s responsibility to own the copyright or licensing for each artwork.
Ladder Art Space and the curators’ team dedicate their resources to play a small part in helping raise Iranian voices who are demanding their freedom.
This exhibition entry is free. The gallery will take no commission on sold works. However, a small fee will be deducted to cover the EFTPOS cost.
IMPORTANT NOTE A $100 refundable fee will be collected from only selected artists. This will be entirely refunded at the end of the exhibition once all terms and conditions have been met and the artwork is collected on time from the gallery.
DELIVERY OF ARTWORK:
- Artwork must arrive Sunday 6 November, afternoon (by appointment*) and Tuesday 8 November, 12-2 pm
- Artwork that is not delivered by these dates will not be included in the exhibition, and fees will not be refunded.
- Artwork must arrive at the gallery in a ready-to-hang condition.
- The gallery will not store packaging. Upon collection, artists are responsible for bringing the appropriate packaging for the transportation of their works.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING SPECIFICATIONS FOR YOUR ARTWORK:
Framed/ Stretched canvases:
- Framed and stretched canvas artwork must be ready for hanging, including wires and D-rings on the back
- The artist must provide magnets if they are required.
- Your work will not be hung if it does not have a sufficient hanging mechanism on the back that will remain in place for the duration of the exhibition. You will not receive a refund if your work does not meet this requirement.
- Unframed works will be pinned through unless alternative tabs are provided in advance. Please note that if you would like your work to be pinned through tabs, you will be responsible for providing and preparing the work for such installation before dropping it off.
- Objects will be displayed on plinths or shelves at the gallery’s discretion.
The artist’s name and title of the work must be written or labelled on the back of the work itself in order for it to be clearly identified. Work without labels may not be exhibited at the gallery’s discretion, and in such cases, the exhibition fee will not be refunded.
COLLECTION OF WORKS:
Unsold works MUST be collected from Ladder Art Space on Sat 26 November 2-5 pm and Sunday 27 November, afternoon (by appointment*).
Work not collected by these dates will be charged the $100 bond.
INSURANCE, LOSS, OR DAMAGE
The Gallery shall not be responsible for the safekeeping of consigned Artworks while they are in its custody. Due to the Gallery’s inability to establish the value of consigned Artwork for insurance purposes, the Artist shall be required to maintain insurance coverage at their discretion. The Gallery assumes no liability for losses that may occur.
If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us at Elnazartworks@gmail.com and we will be happy to answer any questions.