CALL FOR EXHIBITION PROPOSALS | 2019 - mid 2020 program
Applications will be closed by 15 April for the second half of 2019
Ladder Art Space is a situated close to Kew Junction, the Heart of Kew – a vibrant and busy shopping strip located in Melbourne’s inner eastern suburbs. Established in 2017, Ladder Art Space proudly exhibits the work of contemporary artists and designers in addition to offering art classes and workshops to the wider community. We aim to provide a friendly, professional and supportive environment to both new and established artists working in any media. Ladder Art Space is fully staffed, and artists are not required to gallery-sit.
At the moment the gallery comprises spaces on the ground level, which can be utilized separately, or as one total space. Each gallery space has good natural light as well as an adjustable lighting system.
Special fees for 2019 (for local artists and curators)
For 2020 fees download the proposal guideline here
Gallery 1 18 lm $685 per 4 weeks
Gallery 2 11 lm $485 per 4 weeks
Gallery 1&2 29 lm $1050 per 4 weeks
The fee covers a four-week exhibition and installation inclusive of all services and support outlined further.
Contact email@example.com for the availability and pricing
Here at Ladder Art Space, we are pleased to:
- Provide a listing in Art Guide/Art Almanac
- Create artists profile on our website, include images of exhibiting pieces, artists CV, artist statement, links, etc.
- Prepare an email exhibition invitation and distribute to our gallery database
- Promote your exhibition on our social media platforms
- Provide public liability insurance
- Provide installation advice to artists
- Provide basic tools and materials to return walls to their original state
- Monitor the art works with 24-hour security cameras
- Supervise the gallery and sales
- Encourage and assist in the events associated with exhibitions (eg. artist talks)
- Opening, including drinks
For an additional fee, Ladder Art Space are happy to:
- Run extra advertisements in Art Guide and Art Almanac
- Vinyl signage for street-window promotion
- Provide assistance with the preparation of artist/s statements
- Design and print hard copy invitations
- Support in producing associated events with exhibitions (eg. running workshops)
- Bar staff for opening night
As an exhibiting artist/curator, you are responsible for:
- Installing and de-installing your exhibition (contract staff available for $35 p/h)
- Printing costs and distribution of hard copy invitations
- Arrangements and cost of transporting your work
- Storage of your packing materials
- Returning the gallery space to pre-exhibition condition on time.
- Insurance of work