Ink painting workshop
$0.00 – $140.00
Saturday 4 May
DURATION: 6 hours (10 am – 4 pm)
Ladder Art Space workshops are given in a nice inspiring studio in the heart of Kew.
Address: 81 Denmark St, Kew VIC
Book your free trial session today.
Free trial session: Wednesday, 17 April 6-7 pm
In this workshop, you will be introduced to the main principles of ink painting and will learn the central role of water to compose a balanced artwork.
In the morning, you will discover ‘wet on wet’ and ‘wet on dry’ techniques and will experiment through layering effects to create light and darkness. You will also discover various texture rendering techniques to add depth and
value to your art.
In the afternoon, you will be introduced to gold leaf and white ink detailing. You will also create your own artwork(s). A short exhibition will be organised by the end of the workshop, for everyone to enjoy each others’ work
This workshop also includes tips for ink management, brush and paper qualities, how to use negative and positive space efficiently.
By the end of the 6 hours workshop you will have produced:
– a series of techniques on an A4 watercolour paper (to which you will be
able to refer to in the future)
– one A5 practice work, on supplied watercolour paper, to experiment with
the newly learned techniques
– two A3 paintings(or more if you are prolific!) with your own art
BOOKING AND CANCELLATION POLICY
You can make the payment by cash or card. However, online payment is subject to a surcharge of 2.5%+ $0.30 when you choose ‘Paypal’ or ‘Credit card’, you can choose ‘direct bank transfer’ in checkout to skip the surcharge.
Classes require a certain number of enrolments to proceed. Courses that do not meet minimum enrolment levels may be cancelled. Participants will be notified by email of a cancellation 24 hours prior to the course start date. In the case of cancellation a transfer, credit or full refund will be offered.
- A full refund will be issued if the class is cancelled 14 days prior to the term commencing.
- If a class is cancelled 7 – 14 days before the class starts a 50% refund will be issued.
- If a class is cancelled less than 7 days before the class starts no refund will be issued.
- Bookings are transferrable and can be passed onto a friend.
- We are under no obligation to offer a make-up class if you are unable to attend a class but will do our best to do so where possible.
- Missed classes cannot be refunded or transferred to another term.
CANCELLATIONS OF A CLASS
- Ladder Art Space reserves the right to cancel a class when the required minimum enrolment is not met. Notification will be given as soon as possible and all fees paid to that date will be refunded in full.
- In the event a teacher may be ill we will attempt to find a substitute tutor. If this is not possible, the class will be postponed and the class will be rescheduled. Alternatively, the missed hours may be added to the remaining course classes.
Trial, Main session